Chunky Wool/Jute Rug - Ivory/Chambrey
Celebrated for its versatility and durability, jute is a sustainable material that is among the softest and smoothest of natural fibres, and it boasts superior resilience in high-traffic areas. Entirely handcrafted, our Chunky Wool & Jute Rug features bouclé-woven jute over a base of unbleached wool to create a thick, all-natural rug.
- Crafted with sustainably harvested jute; a fast-growing, renewable natural fibre. 60% jute and 40% wool.
- 100% hand loom made product using a mixture of two different textures of natural jute yarn.
- Self binding results in a rug that resists curling and maintains its quality over time.
- Rug Pad recommended (sold separately); combine or cut pads to fit your order.
- 3' wide x 5' long (36" wide x 60" long)
- 2.5' wide x 9' long (30" wide x 108" long)
- 5' wide x 8' long (60" wide x 96" long)
- 8' wide x 10' long (96" wide x 120" long)
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Vacuum regularly to prevent dust and crumbs from settling into roots of the fibres. Regular vacuuming is the best care for your rugs.
- Avoid direct and continuous exposure to sunlight.
- Turn your carpet around occasionally to equalize wear.
- Remove spills immediately; if liquid, blot with clean, undyed cloth by pressing firmly around the spill to absorb as much as possible. Depending on the harvest conditions the Jute cord may retain moisture when woven and will carry a natural hay-like scent that will dissipate over time.
- Store your rug by rolling it front side out and wrapping in cloth for protection. Do not fold or put in an airtight plastic bag. Place in a dry, well ventilated area.do not place rug on porous surfaces such as cement, stone, natural tile or similar surfaces. Do not place rug on hardwood floors that have not had time to completely cure and floors with embedded radiant heating elements.
- Rotate or reposition your rug and /or rug pad every 3 months. This will aide in a more uniform floor surface patina and decrease the likelihood of the rug pad or exposed backing to adhering to the floor surface that they have placed.
- Rotating your rug will promote even wear on the surface and extend the life of the rug. To protect your investment, use a rug pad. A rug pad provides traction between the rug and the floor to prevent slipping. It adds padding and keeps the rug smooth and flat. Extending the life of the rug, a pad protects the backing and prevents any possible colour transfer.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.