POSITION: Sales Associate
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide customers with a unique shopping experience by utilizing excellent customer service, effective selling techniques and providing in-depth product knowledge in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment. Assist shipper/receiver and stockers with stock room and shipments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and welcome customers to the store with enthusiasm.
- Determine and understand customer needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Explain product features and benefits, while addressing customer needs.
- Suggest additional items while utilizing sales skills to build multiple sales.
- Ring items on the cash register and either gift wrap or package items to avoid breakage or damage.
- Regularly provide feedback to store manager on customer questions and reactions to merchandise and store.
- Follow through on special orders and customer requests.
- Receive, ticket, package, log and ship stock merchandise as assigned.
- Locate and check merchandise in the stock room by utilizing the stock locator.
- Maintain displays and stock room through regular cleaning, straightening and dusting.
- 1-2 years of customer service and retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry medium to large items several meters, weighing up to 35kg.
- Good planning and time-management skills for executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Manager
Back to Careers