POSITION: General Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Develop and motivate staff to provide the highest level of customer service and maximize sales. Effectively supervise store operations, maintain appropriate inventory levels, and promote and maintain a positive work environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop staff by providing feedback through training, coaching and counseling, and plan and implement effective developmental strategies.
- Appraise associate performance, write and deliver performance appraisals, and recommend promotions, increases or other changes to status.
- Conduct weekly management meetings to review sales and contest trends, expenses, inventory levels, store operating procedures and staff development. Establish weekly goals and review progress.
- Evaluate business, forecast sales and plan payroll expenditure based on current trends. Develop staffing plans and schedules in order to achieve budget sales and payroll plan.
- Ensure biannual inventory is planned and executed accurately.
- 2-3 years of management experience in specialty retail environment and/or multi-store experience.
- 1-2 years of in home-entertainment-related field helpful, but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry medium to large items several meters, weighing up to 35kg.
- Good planning and time-management skills for executing multiple tasks simultaneously.
REPORTS TO: District Manager
Back to Careers